Project and Events Coordinator - Grossman Heinz
Project and Events Coordinator
Grossman Heinz is seeking a creative and energetic Project and Events Coordinator to help us organize and implement a community engagement plan for our project with Access Health CT (AHCT) – Connecticut’s official health insurance marketplace established in response to the passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
The Project and Events Coordinator will be responsible for the planning and logistics of AHCT presence at outreach events (e.g. fairs, festivals, farmers’ markets, AHCT-sponsored forums, and other community events.) The Coordinator will also supervise a team of Project and Event Assistants in order to execute events. This position will work as part of a team that is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with AHCT’s community partners through phone calls, meetings, and email marketing.
This position requires travel throughout Connecticut, but will split time between our office in Simsbury, CT and the client office in Hartford, CT. This is a full-time contract position. The anticipated start date is May 1, 2016 and runs through October 31, 2016.
Our Work with AHCT
We are entering the fourth year of coordinating community outreach work and supporting in-person enrollment operations for Access Health CT. This role is instrumental in supporting AHCT’s continuing mission to increase the number of Connecticut residents who are insured, lower their costs, promote health, and eliminate health disparities. Please visit www.accesshealthct.com to learn more.
- Coordinate planning, logistics, and execution of AHCT participation at outreach events
- Attend outreach events and represent ACHT’s marketing priorities to the public
- Support community outreach team in the execution of turnout tactics to maximize public participation in events through phone calls, email marketing, etc.
- Meet or exceed assigned goals/metrics and provide feedback, both in qualitative and quantitative forms to project manager
- Provide tactical recommendations on how to reach program goals
- Effectively collaborate with coworkers and client to deliver results
- Minimum of two years combined work experience. Prior experience working with the public in any way is highly desirable and any experiences in sales, marketing, communications, outreach and/or organizing community events are a strong plus
- Positive attitude, engaging personality, and a desire to participate in community outreach
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills
- Team player and ability to supervise and motivate a team of up to four staff
- Good judgment
- Good organizational skills
- Creative-thinker, solution-orientated
- Desire to help inform the public about access to health care coverage and elimination of health disparities
- Access to reliable transportation is required
- Working evenings and weekends is required
- The ability to obtain a basic understanding of health care or health insurance or how the Affordable Care Act works through training is necessary
- Experience in health care outreach and enrollment is a plus
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Staff must complete media training, take the AHCT training program, and pass a certification test before engaging with any work on the Access Health CT project. All training hours will be paid. Lastly, any offer of employment will be contingent on passing a criminal background check.
The Coordinator will report to the AHCT Project Manager at Grossman Heinz and will interact with Access Health CT staff at all levels.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references online at www.grossmanheinz.com – click on Submit Resume and apply for the position titled “Project and Events Coordinator – Grossman Heinz”. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Grossman Heinz is an equal opportunity employer.