Run the World Digital
Chief Operating Officer
Run the World Digital is seeking a strategic and entrepreneurial Chief Operating Officer (COO) to ensure the overall operational and financial success of the company. The COO is a new position created to make certain the growing company has the internal leadership, infrastructure and culture in place to achieve its goals.
The COO will serve as the chief financial officer and will be responsible for ensuring that RTW Digital continues to innovate and adapt in order to most effectively achieve its financial goals. The COO will also be responsible for managing the company’s internal operating systems, including finance, HR, administration and IT. In partnership with senior leaders, the COO will be a steward of the company’s values and culture.
This is a terrific opportunity for a strategic leader to help build and grow a young firm dedicated to outstanding candidates and causes. The COO will adapt and lead in a fast-paced, changing environment while also embracing the ambiguity and change inherent to a young company.
Run the World Digital is a progressive digital firm. Specializing in email marketing, digital acquisition and voter persuasion, RTW Digital works with political campaigns and organizations and nonprofits. This year, RTW Digital helped clients like Senator Tina Smith, Governor-elect Janet Mills, Attorney General-elect Dana Nessel and Congressman-elect Colin Allred. The firm was built on the commitment to providing cutting-edge digital fundraising, ad programs and effective voter persuasion while maintaining the personal customer service campaigns and organizations need to succeed.
Run the World Digital was founded by Heather Colburn — a proven fundraiser with over 20 years’ experience — who has raised over $500 million dollars and trained over 3,500 candidates. A recognized progressive leader with a history of helping elect democratic women to office, Heather founded the firm to help innovate the way digital firms fundraise. Just two years old, RTW Digital has now worked with over 30 clients and has 15 staff in 11 states.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the company.
- Manage the company’s cash flow requirements, financial analyses, information and reporting, budget development and monitoring.
- Cultivate a culture that promotes RTW Digital’s core values of learning, accountability, positivity, innovation, and openness.
- Develop, revise, implement and maintain human resources policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial plans and reports for the CEO.
- Ensure the necessary technology, security protocols and infrastructure are in place to support a growing company.
- Develop strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Manage all employee benefit programs.
- Communicate and present critical financial matters to the senior leadership team.
- Lead a coaching culture that fosters continual development and growth.
- Administer invoicing and billing.
- Serve as the liaison with vendors and service providers.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial and administrative leadership roles.
- Management experience overseeing finance, human resources and operations.
- Experience with financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting.
- Strategic, analytical and tactical thinking skills, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully problem solve, plan and facilitate growth.
- High level of professional integrity, positivity and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with remote staff.
- Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) project management tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and other financial software platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- A desire to elect women and people of color to office.
Think you’re the right person? Here’s one final checklist. Do you:
- Thrive in an environment with lots of moving parts?
- Flourish when given a tough task that requires a creative solution?
- Relish checking things off your list and finding innovative ways to get things done?
- Love numbers and budgets?
- Adapt and remain flexible when things constantly change?
- Pride yourself on developing smart systems and processes?
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Run the World Digital is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Location
The position can be located anywhere in the United States. Some travel is required. Salary is commensurate with experience.