Outreach and Canvass Ambassador
Part-Time – Fairfield County, Connecticut
The role of Outreach and Canvass Ambassador is to support programs, events, and community engagement work for a corporate client in Connecticut.
Ambassadors must be charismatic, energetic, and self-motivated. You will be responsible for promoting awareness of and providing high-level education to the public about the project through canvassing, phone calls and community event.
Ambassadors will work events and meetings as needed with the number of hours dictated by the event schedule. Some office hours will be required for administrative support. Familiarity and ease with social media platforms will be helpful.
Individuals hired will receive paid training. Hours for this position will be between 10 and 25 hours per week. Phone calling, canvassing and event activities may be scheduled during evenings and weekends. This role is ideal for individuals looking for limited hours and a flexible work schedule.
This position is based in Bridgeport, CT with some travel required within the region.
- Promote brand awareness through positive, engaging interactions with the public
- Represent the client with professionalism and ethical conduct
- Contact members of the public and local small businesses through phone calls and in-person canvasses
- Answer questions from the public on the project and/or direct them to the proper party
- Help set up, staff, and break down events
- Support the collection and input of all data
- Conduct online research to identify new contacts
- Provide verbal and/or written reports to manager on progress to goals
- Document events by taking photos for use on social media
- Ensure any and all representation of the client via written materials, booth, tent, and/or presentation area are presentable, professional and compliant with client image
- Successfully complete required training
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Experience in sales, street or event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion, or canvassing is preferred
- Candidates must be highly outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, and energetic
- Proven ability to be flexible, and to adapt and work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency and experience with online research
- Experience building effective social media presence is a plus
- Ability to work during evenings or weekends
- Must be able to operate a smartphone and tablet
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time; be able to occasionally, bend, and lift materials up to 25 pounds
Submit resume online at grossmanheinz.com/jobs. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Please include two references with your submission.
Grossman Heinz is an equal opportunity employer.