Grossman Solutions – Associate
Grossman Solutions is a public affairs firm specializing in advocacy and campaigns. We bring decades of on-the-ground experience along with the creativity and management expertise needed to help our clients develop and execute winning strategies.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, detail-oriented Associate to work with key clients. In particular, the Associate will be supporting the firm's community outreach work with Access Health CT, the state's health insurance marketplace established under the Affordable Care Act. This individual will play a central role in AHCT's community outreach efforts. They will also coordinate all the details that go into organizing events ranging from community meetings, informational sessions, conferences, and securing our participation in fairs, festivals, and other community events.
This is a full-time position based in our Hartford, Connecticut office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and organized individual to grow in their career as part of a nationally respected firm and to work with a team of dedicated strategists.
- Coordinate logistics, research, and staff events. Work with team to maintain accurate reporting on events.
- Conduct community outreach through building relationships with new and existing community partners, with a focus on hard to reach communities and communities of color.
- Represent the client at community events, meetings, and presentations.
- Assist in writing and editing plans, proposals, memos, reports, and other client documents.
- Communicate and coordinate with team members, supervisor, clients, and vendors.
- Participate in client meetings and calls, and track action items resulting from those conversations.
- Support research projects.
- Supervise and direct the activities of interns and other temporary staff as needed.
- Complete high-quality projects and deliverables on time.
- Represent clients in a professional and ethical manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years' work experience, preferably in the electoral, advocacy, or nonprofit sector.
- Highly detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- A demonstrable record of successful project management.
- Excellent relationship building, organizing, and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated work ethic and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Event planning skills highly preferred.
- A solutions-oriented creative and critical thinker.
- Ability to gain clients' trust and maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Experience with vendor management is a plus.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Must be willing to learn and utilize additional technology tools.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time; be able to occasionally lift materials up to 25 pounds.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Health, vision, and 401k benefits provided.
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter and resume online at https://grossmanheinz.com/jobs/. The cover letter should be concise and compelling and outline the specific ways in which you would be a good fit for this position. Only applications submitted through this website will be considered. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Grossman Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.